[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Gnfnr.dk • Vis emne - The Chinese Democracy Years – 1995: A Walk On The Wylde Side

The Chinese Democracy Years – 1995: A Walk On The Wylde Side

Redaktører: Democracyrose, Michael

The Chinese Democracy Years – 1995: A Walk On The Wylde Side

Indlægaf Michael » 18. mar 2011, 19:51

In January ’95, the band regrouped for rehearsals with a new candidate for the vacant guitar spot.
Slash: “Now that Gilby’s not in the band, Axl’s like: ‘What about Zakk? You like Zakk, right?’”

Læs resten her:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/feat ... ears-1995/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakk_Wylde
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Geografisk sted: Næstved

Re: The Chinese Democracy Years – 1995: A Walk On The Wylde

Indlægaf Michael » 18. mar 2011, 20:07

Rygterne siger, at Duff har materialet der blev spillet ved disse sessioner - der blev ikke skrevet tekster til det de spillede, eller der blev heller ikke sunget. Man mener også et riff blev brugt på Zakk Wylde's album "Sonic Brew" med bandet Black Label Society.
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Indlægaf Michael » 18. mar 2011, 20:08

"I SPENT A WEEK JAMMIN' WITH GUNS N' ROSES".

Zakk Wylde to join GN'R?!
Kerrang! Issue 530
January 28, 1995

ZAKK WYLDE has been writing and jamming with multi-Platinum LA megastars Guns N' Roses!

The Pride & Glory/Ozzy Osbourne axeman made the announcement exclusively to Kerrang! during an interview this week. And Zakk's astonishing revelations mark the most promising Guns news in years!

Zakk jammed with GN'R after an invitation from controversial band frontman Axl Rose, and becomes another confirmed coconspirator alongside Paul Huge. Incredibly, Kerrang! heard this week that, contrary to rumor, Paul Huge is probably not a fully-fledged member of Guns N' Roses, and is mainly only a writing partner for Axl. This, of course, leaves the vacant guitar post wide open!

How much Guns axeman Slash knows about the situation remains open to conjecture: the six-stringer was unavailable for comment as Mayhem went to press this week.

Zakk's involvement with Guns N' Roses was initiated by Axl, who is reportedly taken with all aspects of Wylde as a musician and performer. He was insistent about getting him to hook up with GN'R and contribute on the next Guns LP, and is understood to be impatient to start work immediately.

Axl went through a particularly rough 1994, capped by two of his former lovers suing him for a variety of things and ever-spiraling rumors of Guns N' Roses' demise. This latest move, however, not only suggests that Axl has no intention of throwing in the GN'R towel but also - as you'll read-that no one should bet on the Axl/Slash partnership breaking up just yet!

Indeed, according to Wylde, who was tracked down in New York during pre-production for Ozzy Osbourne's next LP, Slash is not only highly aware of his work with the band but has also been a participant!

"The bottom line is this," says Zakk. "I've jammed with the guys. When I was asked about jammin' with the guys, I thought it'd be way cool because I love the band, I think they're great. And I love Slash as a guitarist, I really love listening to his guitar playing - him and (Alice In Chains star) Jerry Cantrell are my peers that I dig listening to.

"We did that thing in Wembley, me and Slash, that Night Of 100 Guitars, and just recently Pride & Glory played the Troubadour in LA and Slash came and jammed there. So then the guys asked me if I wanted to come down and jam with them, get some tunes together, and I said, `Yeah, cool, man'!"

So Axl invited you down and asked you to write some songs and play?

"Yeah - he said, `Dude, why don't you come and write some songs and we'll see what happens. If it works out, great, it'd be a blast'. He just said, `Hey, maybe we'll be in a band together!'. So we jammed together for just over a week, we jammed over a whole bunch of sh*t and came out with three pretty cool ideas. That was with the whole band: Axl, Slash, Dizzy, Duff, Matt and me. We were all just jammin' together and havin' a blast.

"That's where it pretty much stands right now-things are up in the air. I mean, I have crazy sh*t happening with my stuff. I'm also doing my work with Oz and there's no telling what will happen in the future. I think the guys in Guns are f**kin' awesome, and hangin' with Axl when I have, we've had a f**kin' great time talkin' and jammin'." Paul Huge's name did not come up as being part of this jam: does this mean he isn't a member of GN'R after all?

"I dunno...

"When I talked with Axl I said it'd be way cool that Slash and I could do harmonies together, crazy sh*t that'd be fun to play, and the whole band ended up jammin'."

In your meetings with Axl, where does it all seem to have clicked?

"Basically because we both wanna play. He wasn't all, 'Financially, this would be a great move if the band does this and that...'. He just said 'I wanna play some f**kin' tunes and I like the sh*t you did with Ozzy. It'd be great to get together and jam with the guys'. And it was great."

Were you surprised you got on so well with someone that half the world assumes to be crazy as a coot?

"Bottom line, he's just a normal dude to me. sh*t maybe happened in the past because things haven't been going great. He has downs, he wants to kick ass and gets pissed if something isn't right.

"It wasn't like he's this 'weirdo', and the bottom line is that if someone gave me a weirdo head-case trip - and I wouldn't care if it was Robert Plant! - I'd tell 'em to go f**k themselves. I need that like a hole in the head.

"Axl isn't like that. He just wants to jam and he told me he's bored as f**k and wants to jam."

You and Slash.

"That's right. He said it sounded f**kin' killer. He's got a batch of good ideas, piano things that sound really cool. I have a bunch and I look forward to jammin' some more, seeing if they work out.

"But it's all up in the air right now, I ain't a member of Guns N' Roses. Who knows what'll happen, but if the guys say after a record that it would be great if I'd do the tour then that'd be great, but who knows?"

Has the stuff you've got together with Guns been Metal or more Southern sounding?

"A mixture of both, really. The stuff we've been dicking around with is just heavy hardcore stuff with the whole band jamming it. But I'm having a good time, and I'll tell ya, the only thing that'd stop me from doin' the Oz record, my own thing and jammin' with Guns is if I was a lazy asshole who watched TV and drunk beer all f**kin' day!"
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Indlægaf Michael » 2. jan 2014, 06:04

In January ’95, the band regrouped for rehearsals with a new candidate for the vacant guitar spot.
Slash: “Now that Gilby’s not in the band, Axl’s like: ‘What about Zakk? You like Zakk, right?’”

Zakk Wylde: “Axl called me up when we were doing [Ozzy’s] Ozzmosis album. They were down in rehearsals – it was me, Slash, Axl, Duff, Matt and Dizzy.” But, Zakk remembered: “There were never any melodies. There were never any lyrics.”

“I’d say ‘Dude, did you come up with any lyrics yet?’” Wylde said later, “And he’s just like, ‘Dude, I got people suing me right now.’ He’s on the phone with his lawyers 24-7. He was, like, ‘I can’t come up with any lyrics right now – they’d be about every other lawsuit I got going’.

“So we jammed together for just over a week, we jammed over a whole bunch of sh*t and came out with three pretty cool ideas. One of the riffs ended up on the first Black Label Society record [Sonic Brew], [on the track] The Rose Petalled Garden. The stuff that I wanted to do, eventually, would have been like GN’R on steroids, man.”

It sounded heavier, but no-one was sure that it sounded right: Slash later said that it would have sounded “like Judas Priest or something”.

The situation with GN’R caused a rift between Zakk and Ozzy Osbourne. Zakk played on the Ozzmosis album, but remained uncertain on whether he could go on the road with Ozzy (who had a warm-up date on July 9 and a full tour starting in August). Finally Zakk was unable to get a straight answer or any commitment from the GN’R camp and gave up on the idea.

“Once you get all the fucking lawyers involved and that bullshit…” Wylde said later. “I saw Axl [later], and I said ‘What the f*ck happened?’, and Axl goes, ‘Well Zakk, I heard you wanted two million up front and your own tourbus’.”

Slash goes, Izzy returns

It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere by Slash’s Snakepit was released on February 14 and Slash embarked on a promotional tour early that month.

Of the new GN’R record, he told journalists: “We’ve been jamming a bit, but there isn’t any actual songs… Right now there seems to be a fucking confusion about what ‘a good Guns-record’ is.”
In April, Izzy Stradlin played with Snakepit in Chicago – and was invited by Duff McKagan to come back to help with songwriting.

“In April, 1995,” Izzy remembered, “Duff calls me again: ‘I’m trying to compose new songs for the guys in GN’R. Come and give me a hand.’ I said to myself: ‘Well, sh*t, after all, why not?’. Duff and I wrote 10 pieces in the space of week. We even recorded them as demos.”

Izzy told Classic Rock about how he’d stopped off at Axl’s house around that time. Axl was friendly and then “probably a month later, one night he calls me [and] we got into the issue of me leaving Guns N’ Roses. I told him how it was on my side. Told him exactly how I felt about it and why I left… But, I mean he had a fucking notepad. I could hear him [turning the pages] going, ‘Well, ah, you said in 1982… blah, blah, blah…’ And I’m like, ‘What the f*ck – 1982?’. He was bringing up a lot of really weird old sh*t. I’m like, whatever, man. But that’s the last time I talked to him.”

On July 28 Duff and Matt played a benefit show at the LA club Viper Room with Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols and John Taylor of Duran Duran as the Neurotic Outsiders. In September, due to popular demand, they begin to play weekly shows there. The way the newly sober Duff told it, he had time on his hands and “I realised I didn’t want to wait until four in the morning to practise anymore”.

In the autumn GN’R rehearsed at Slash’s home studio with Paul Huge. It only made things worse: “It was so uncomfortable and awkward there that Duff and I actually got into [an argument],” wrote Slash, “which had never happened in the studio, ever.”

On August 31, 1995, Axl sent a letter to Slash and Duff announcing that he was leaving the band and taking the name with him, based on an agreement formed in 1992.
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Tilbage til 1995