[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Gnfnr.dk • Vis emne - 2013-06-01 Lone Star Amphitheater, Lubbock, TX

2013-06-01 Lone Star Amphitheater, Lubbock, TX

Redaktører: Democracyrose, Michael

2013-06-01 Lone Star Amphitheater, Lubbock, TX

Indlægaf Michael » 22. apr 2013, 19:19

Vedhæftede filer
poster.jpg
STAGE.jpg
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Geografisk sted: Næstved

Re: 2013-06-01 Lone Star Amphitheater, Lubbock, TX

Indlægaf Michael » 31. maj 2013, 10:29

Guns N' Roses is scheduled to perform at 10 p.m. Saturday, June 1, at the Lone Star Amphitheater

By ERIC WOODS
FOR A-J MEDIA

While it might be a little difficult to grasp and understand the underlying themes of “November Rain” and its video, trying to figure out why production would have to be temporarily halted due to rainy weather conditions is maybe even a little harder to comprehend.

Basically, that’s just the way it works in Hollywood, according to Guns N’ Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

Guns N’ Roses is scheduled to perform at 10 p.m. Saturday, June 1, at the Lone Star Amphitheater.

“I’ve never really tried to figure it all out to be honest,” Reed said and laughed. “I know that it was quite the production. I guess it was kind of my first taste of the Hollywood sort of thing, and how things are made in Hollywood.

“I know that there was a scene where we are all at a wedding and, you know, in that scene it rains and people scatter because of the rain and what not,” Reed added. “It had to be postponed because it was actually raining. Everything has to be controlled and you can’t really control the weather. I always thought that it was ironic and funny, but that’s how they do it here.”

The production price tag for the video of “November Rain,” (a single from G-N-R’s “Use Your Illusion I” album) topped out at about $1 million, becoming one of the most expensive videos to date. Shot in part in New Mexico, the video features the band as well as Stephanie Seymour, who at the time was G-N’-R frontman Axl Rose’s girlfriend.

Despite the change-ups and the tumultuous periods of Guns N’ Roses, Reed has been with the band since 1990; the only member with G-N’-R longer is Rose. Reed has weathered the storms and remained a key member of the band by keeping his mind focused on what he’s doing, by remembering who got him there and by being humble about all that he has accomplished as a member of one of the most popular rock bands in history.

“It’s probably a few things,” Reed said of the reasons for his longevity as a member. “I’ve always just kind of made it my No. 1 priority for the most part as far as music goes. When we started tracking and writing songs for ‘Chinese Democracy’ years and years ago, I wanted to stay focused and I wanted to — I don’t like to give up on things even though it was very difficult at times.

“I think that was one of the reasons, plus I feel like I belong,” Reed added. “I’m in a place where I belong. Axl has always been cool to me, and he gave me a big opportunity and I’m very thankful and grateful for that. I just honestly, I’m just very happy. I wake up every day just being very grateful and thankful and happy that I can still do this for a living even after all of these years.”

And after so much time has passed since the release of “Chinese Democracy” in 2008, there still isn’t much to report about the much anticipated upcoming G-N’-R release. Well, there isn’t much to say except that it is coming.

“It’s just kind of hard to say really,” Reed said about the band’s upcoming project. “I guess just because really everyone in the band now comes from different places. It’s going to be a band effort. At the end of the day you have good songs, no matter how they’re done. They are good songs and if Axl sings them, it’s going to be Guns N’ Roses. Everyone has just kind of been writing and passing some stuff around and, you know, that’s pretty much where we’re at right now, just compiling stuff for the new record before we go in and start tracking it.”

http://lubbockonline.com/go/music/2013- ... ahsnJy0O2Y
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Re: 2013-06-01 Lone Star Amphitheater, Lubbock, TX

Indlægaf Michael » 4. jun 2013, 09:27

Posted: Monday, June 3, 2013 5:09 pm | Updated: 5:10 pm, Mon Jun 3, 2013.
Catherine McKee, Editor-in-Chief

Although it took him most of the night to warm up, Axl Rose captivated the audience.

Saturday night at the Lubbock Lonestar Amphitheatre with an extravagant display of electronic screens, pyrotechnics and over-the-top solos by every band member.

The eight-piece ensemble forming Guns N’ Roses entranced the crowd with a nearly three-hour performance of non-stop, radio-heavy singles such as “Sweet Child of Mine,” and “Welcome to the Jungle,” paired with songs from the band’s newest album, “Chinese Democracy.

I must admit, the show lost some of its enchantment due to the fact that I’ve seen the band before. Having experienced a Guns N’ Roses concert in Dallas nearly two years ago, I knew I was in store for a long night and expected to wait at least two hours after the opening act finished for Axl to finally take the stage as he did the last time.

Surprisingly for Axl, who is renowned for arriving fashionably, meaning extremely, late on the stage, he walked on stage no more than thirty minutes after the opening band left. Even more shocking, toward the end of the performance, he apologized to the crowd, saying he had been at the venue since three in the afternoon but had to wait to go on stage because of technical difficulties.

The evening began with an opening performance by Hurt, who blew me out of the water. I’ve been a fan of the band for some time, but was not expecting the lead singer, multi-talented former classical musician J. Loren, to make such a big concert venue feel like such a small, intimate place. I’ve seen plenty of rock bands – Stone Sour, Papa Roach and Volbeat, to name a few, but none took a venue as huge as this one and interacted with the crowd as much as Loren did.

Between singing and playing his electric violin and acoustic guitar, Loren threw bottles of water, drum sticks and even a hat to the crowd. He also encouraged the crowd to sing along with the songs, even putting a microphone in the middle of the crowd. When Loren left the stage and entered the crowd, I realized this band was on a completely different caliber than those I’ve seen before.

After being thrilled by Hurt’s performance, I was completely geared up to see how Axl would interact with the crowd. It was the band’s first time in West Texas, and the second Axl went on stage, I knew it was not his choice.

Rather than speaking to the crowd, Axl went straight into singing “Chinese Democracy.” His energy was dead, his singing was off, and his overall performance compared to seeing him two years ago, was lacking.

At that point, I decided Hurt was going to be by far the best thing I saw all night.

Although with every song I hoped Axl would shed his lack of enthusiasm and awe the crowd, he simply didn’t. It seemed that the only audience members who were actually engaged in the concert were those who were in the very front of the stage, while the rest of the crowd foot-tapped, swayed with the rhythm or just stood watching.

Rather than really performing, it was as though Axl was trucking through the show, trying to get through it as quickly as possible.

Aside from his failure to entertain, Axl was his typical self – running into a back room during guitar solos, changing frequently, and always wearing his sunglasses, hat and red bandana.

I would be amiss if I didn’t say that about halfway through the show, Axl completely turned the performance around. I’m not sure what did it and I don’t really care, but I am glad that Lubbock got to experience the Guns N’ Roses I did two years ago.

Suddenly, Axl began speaking to the crowd, full-on dancing rather than maintaining his unexciting foot-shuffling moves, and using his signature high-pitched raspy scream. His singing drastically improved – where he had sounded flat and dull and began sounding upbeat and energetic.

The beauty of Axl is that he’s a performer and a perfectionist. For about half the night, he was off beat, but once he turned it around he reclaimed the stagnant crowd and made up for the lull.

This was evident when Guns N’ Roses began playing the widely-known song, “November Rain.” Although the song has a melodic almost ballad-like feel, by the end of the song, Axl’s vocals made it just as hard-hitting as “Night Train.” He began the song by playing a piano solo, which thrilled the crowd and made nearly every person in the amphitheater stand up.

Although Axl may be the only remaining original member of Guns N’ Roses, his new members play the songs just as they would have been played in the late 1980s. While every member got a chance to show off their skills, I most enjoyed the piano solo by Dizzy Reed during the band’s cover of Led Zeppelin’s song, “No Quarter.”

The band played other covers as well, including Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall Part Two,” and “The Seeker” by The Who.

Axl wrapped up the night by making the crowd think he was ending with a pyrotechnic show and “Live and Let Die,” but he continued the set with about five more songs after the display.

The last song of the night, and the best, was “Paradise City.” By that time, the yawning I had been doing during the beginning of the show seemed like a bad nightmare that was being replaced by new respect for Axl.

During “Paradise,” Axl ran across the stage, jumped onto speakers, and danced with his microphone pole all while fire was blasting behind him, lights were rapidly turning from blue and red to green and yellow, and confetti was falling on the crowd.

The band’s final song made for an almost surreal experience, replacing any doubts I had about Guns N’ Roses ability to rock.

I encourage the people who haven’t seen the band live to do so at the first chance. The experience and the low cost of tickets are worth it. Even if Axl keeps the crowd waiting, he never fails to show up.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/opinion/ar ... f6878.html
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Tilbage til 2013